How do I Buy a HUD Home in the DFW area?
We must get this out of the way first. HUD homes are initially offered on a priority basis to owner occupant purchasers; following the priority period, unsold homes are made available to investors.
- HUD Homes for Sale: Nu Home Source Realty is an approved HUD broker. Market demand for these affordable HUD homes for sale continues to increase each and every year.
- If you have Internet access, call us and we will walk you through accessing the available HUD properties in Dallas Texas
- Dallas HUD Homes for sale are posted on Friday and bids must be entered by the 2nd Sunday at 11:59pm
If you would like to bid on a HUD home you must have the following
- $1,000 earnest money ($500 under $50,000) in the form of a money order or cashiers check.
- A completed contract with all required addendums
Is a HUD Home a Good Deal in Dallas - Fort Worth Texas?
HUD might offer special incentives such as an allowance to upgrade the property, a moving expense allowance, or a bonus for closing the sale early. Keep in mind that on most sales, the buyer can request HUD to pay all or a portion of the financing and closing costs. We will provide you with all of the details.
HUD homes are sold "as-is," without warranty, there will be no warranty. HUD will not pay to fix any problems with these homes, but this is where the bargains come in. HUDs asking price on the home will reflect the fact that the buyer will have to invest money to make improvements. HUD might offer special incentives such as an allowance to upgrade the property
Bids can be submitted any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. They will be opened the next business day. If your bid is accepted by HUD, Your Nu Home Source Real Estate Agent will be notified -- usually within 48 hours.
If your bid is accepted you will be given a settlement date, normally within 30-60 days, by which you need to get financing and close the sale of the HUD home, or lose your earnest money deposit, or you may pay for an extension of your sales contract